Thursday, March 27, 2014

HORAN COMMITS TO BROCKPORT


The Hartford Jr Wolfpack is proud to announce its 15th college commitment of the 2013-14 season.  Veteran forward Dave Horan has committed to play college hockey for SUNY Brockport next fall.  Brockport plays their games in the powerful SUNYAC Div 3 conference finishing 10-13-3 overall.

Horan was a key part to the Wolfpack's success this season with 27 pts in 39 games and produced 6 pts in 5 playoff games for the Pack. Dave is very excited about his opportunity next season and enjoyed his junior career with the Hartford Jr Wolfpack. 

"I would like to thank my parents for supporting me through out my junior hockey career.  I also owe a huge thank you to Coach Cerrella who pushed me to compete every day and helped prepare me for College Hockey.  I am very excited to attend Brockport next season and play hockey in the SUNYAC which is a very competitive league.  I can't wait to start competing at the next level and further my academics as well," said Horan. 

The Kennbunk, ME forward came to the Wolfpack two years ago after playing in the EJHL for the NH Monarchs. 

"Dave has really improved over the last two seasons and became a warrior.  He learned what it takes to play at the next level and competed every day, that is what caught Brockport's eye as he got better and better through out the season.  He has a tremendous hockey IQ and is going to do a great job at the next level.  I am very happy for Dave and his family and I wish them the best of luck as he starts the next chapter in his life," said Chris Cerrella.