Friday, February 7, 2014

KANGAS COMMITS TO BROCKPORT



The official press release from Hartford...

The Hartford Jr Wolfpack is proud to announce that forward Ryan Kangas has committed to SUNY Brockport for the 2014-15 season. The Golden Eagles are a part of the SUNYAC Div III hockey conference and is located in Brockport, NY. The SUNYAC is one of the toughest Div III athletic conferences in the country and Kangas is excited for the opportunity.

"I would like to thank my family for giving me every opportunity to make it to the college level. Without them I would not be where I am today. I also want to thank Coach Cerrella for pushing me and showing me what it will take to make it in college. I am very excited to go to Brockport for both the academics and the hockey program. They are in a tough league that will challenge me to better myself every day, which is something that I am looking forward to, " said the veteran lefty.

Ryan will continue to develop with the Jr Wolfpack as the team approaches their playoffs with just 7 games left in the regular season and they will depend on Kangas to help them make a successful run.

"Ryan has really come on as of late and he is showing that he can easily be a top offensive player at any level. Now with the commitment, the monkey is off his back and we think he is going to be a key to our success for the remainder of the season. I am very proud of Ryan and think he is going to be a great fit for SUNY Brockport and believe he is going to step in and compete as a freshman. Good luck to Ryan and his family, he will be missed here in Hartford," said Chris Cerrella.


YEAR TEAM Lge. GP G A PTS PIM PP PPA SH SHA GWG
2013/14 Hartford Jr. Wolfpack EHL 29 8 4 12 2 3 2 0 0 1
2012/2013 Connecticut Wolfpack EHL 25 6 0 6 4 1 0 0 0 1
TOTALS 54 14 4 186 4 2 0 0 2