Wednesday, January 16, 2013

REFLECTING ON 20 YEARS AS A FAN

I was just reflecting on the fact that here we are, heading into the second semester of my TWENTIETH season as a fan of the team.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of the current players and all of those who were fortunate enough to grace a Golden Eagles jersey before them -- it's players like you, in the greatest sport in the world, who play for the love of the game that make NCAA DIII hockey -- and especially Brockport hockey --- so awesome.

Because of you, I have 20 years of memories of Friday and Saturday nights shared with friends and family, watching everything from nail-biting games to exciting goals to brilliant saves to explosive hits. At 38 years of age it's still just as entertaining of a game and bunch of guys as it was when I first started spending some of my winter evenings at Tuttle North as a wide-eyed  18 year old freshman. I still look forward to the start of every season like it's Christmas and I still enjoy making the 40-minute drive to campus in anticipation of seeing something memorable happening.

Thank you for the two decades of exciting and hard-played hockey. I look forward to many more decades of the same. You have a fan for life.