Thursday, January 26, 2012

ROTHFUSS IN TODAY'S D&C

Brockport's own Brendon Rothfuss is in the spotlight for today's Rochester Democrat and Chronicle:


Brendon Rothfuss plays hockey and lacrosse for the College at Brockport. The forward has five goals and six assists in hockey. He finished second in goals (21) and third in points (26) for the lacrosse team last spring.

Age: 22.

Hometown (high school): Webster (Webster Thomas).

Major: Physical education teaching certification.

How long have you been playing hockey? Since I was 2.

How about lacrosse? I started playing in sixth grade but had to take a few years off after high school while I played junior hockey.

Which do you prefer — and why? I would have to go with hockey. Every time I step on the ice during a game its an adrenaline rush. You can't get that feeling anywhere else. Plus I've pretty much played my entire life and I couldn't imagine not playing hockey.

Favorite food: Garlic Parm hot chicken wings.

Least favorite food: Anything my teammate Christian Cangro has a hand in making.

I'll scream if I hear one more time about: Taylor Swift winning an award. I've had enough of her.

Opponent I love to beat: Geneseo

Celebrity I'd love to meet: Brad Paisley.

No. 1 pet peeve: When my roommate/teammate Mike Hayward snores louder than the TV.

Greatest moment in sports: My junior year at Webster Thomas. I scored the game winning goal in double overtime vs. the defending state champions McQuaid in sectionals for hockey.

Worst moment in sports: When we lost to Aquinas in the sectional semifinals by a goal my junior year.

This year's Super Bowl winner: I wish I could say the Bills. But I'll go with the Giants.

Favorite pro team: Buffalo Sabres.

Favorite pro athlete: Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings.

Dream concert: REO Speedwagon.

If you could take three items to a deserted island: My iPod, a fishing pole and my guitar.

If you could take three people to a deserted island: (English model/actress) Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Jennifer Aniston and Kenny Chesney.

Invite four famous people to dinner (living or dead): Wayne Gretzky, Will Ferrell, Chris Farley and Gordie Howe.



Source:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120126/SPORTS09/201260320/In-spotlight-Brendon-Rothfuss?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports


___