Tuesday, April 1, 2008

AN INTERVIEW WITH ADAM SHOFF

Adam Shoff is a new recruit from Port Dover, Ontario, who will be joining the team for the 2008-2009 season. The 5'9", 185-pound, 21-year-old just completed a season in which he captained the Port Colborne Sailors (Junior B team of the OHA), a franchise that has produced the likes of NHL Hall-of-Famer Teeder Kennedy. In 45 games this past season, Adam had 7 goals and 23 assists. He added two more goals in a six game playoff against the Niagara Falls Canucks.

I interviewed Adam about hockey and coming to Brockport.....

BOB: What's your hockey history?

ADAM:
I started playing hockey in my hometown of Port Dover ON. Then Moved onto AAA in Brantford ON, and from there to junior where I played 4 years, including Brantford, ON, Campbellton New Brunswick, Oakville, ON and finally Port Colborne, ON.

BOB: How was it playing for the Port Colborne Sailors the past few years?

ADAM: Playing in Port Colborne the past two years was the best two year of my junior career. I really enjoyed the players, and coach’s there, and loved playing hockey there.

BOB: How would you describe your style of play?

ADAM:
I would describe my style of play as a very hard worker, with good vision, and good play making ability.

BOB: Who are your all-time favorite NHL-ers?

ADAM:
My all time favorite NHL-ers are no doubt Dougie Gilmore, and Wendel Clark.

BOB: What brings you to Brockport?

ADAM:
I visited a few schools before I decided to come to Brockport. There was a bunch of things that brought me here but definitely one of the big reasons was when I went on a tour with Coach Dickinson, the amount of people that asked about the hockey game or commented on the game from the night before was huge. Along with it being a highly ranked academic school, helped a lot.

BOB: What are your thoughts about adjusting to the American and NCAA style of play?

ADAM:
I definitely think that there will be an adjustment period next year. I think getting use to the speed is going to be the biggest adjustment next year when I make the jump.